During the 80s and 90s, the best place to be on a Saturday morning was in front of your TV with a huge bowl of your favorite cereal. And, If you were VIP then you had your Fox Club Kids Card right next to you 😂 ahh the good times! I really miss those days.
Unfortunately, I didn’t realize it at the time because I was young and just happy to see more cartoons on TV. However, with the launch of Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon, my days of Saturday morning cartoons would be coming to an end.
Okay, enough rambling below is a list of my all-time favorite cartoons while growing up (no particular order). These cartoons made my childhood and they will forever be classics in my book.
- Jim Henson’s Muppet Babies (CBS, 1984-1991)
- Disney’s Adventures of the Gummi Bears (NBC, 1985-1989; ABC, 1989-1990)
- Richie Rich (ABC, 1980-1984)
- Animaniacs (Fox, 1993-1995; The WB, 1995-1999)
- The Smurfs (NBC, 1981-1989)
- Aaahh!!! Real Monsters (Nickelodeon, 1994-1997)
- Beetlejuice (ABC, 1989-1991; Fox, 1991-1992)
- The Real Ghostbusters (ABC, 1986-1991)
- Darkwing Duck (Disney Channel, 1991; ABC, 1991-1992)
- DuckTales (syndication, 1987-1990; ABC, 1996-1999)
- Gargoyles (syndicated, 1994-1996; ABC, 1996-1997)
- ThunderCats (syndication, 1985-1989)
- Spider-Man The Animated Series (Fox, 1994-1998)
- X-Men (Fox, 1992-1997)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (CBS, 1987-1996)
- Superman The Animated Series (The WB, 1996-2000)
- Batman The Animiated Series (Fox, 1992-1995)
What were some of your favorite cartoons while growing up? Share them below…